Time to uncork your favorite red wine and channel your inner Julia Child with this classic (but simplified) Beef Bourguignon recipe!
Prep: 20 min
Cooking: 3 hours
What You’ll Need:
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 lbs cubed stew meat
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb button mushroom (cleaned left whole)
- 1 lb white pearl onion, peeled
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
How to Make It:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt and ground pepper.
- Coat the beef cubes with this mixture.
- Melt the butter in a cast iron pot over medium high heat.
- Add meat and brown on all sides.
- Add onion, carrots, mushrooms, red pepper and garlic.
- Saute for 5-10 minutes, until onion is tender.
- Add wine, bay leaf, parsley, and thyme.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 2 ½ hours
- Remove cover and bake for 30 more minutes (if needed add more wine, chicken broth, or water)
- Garnish with parsley and serve with your choice of bread.