What’s not to love about wine? You can drink it, cook with it and now you can also make delicious dessert even more flavorful! Try this Blueberry Port Cheesecake recipe for a sweet and creamy treat.
What You’ll Need:
1 tablespoon melted butter (for greasing the pan)
½ cup pecan pieces
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons sugar
6 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
½ cup port
¾ cup dried blueberries
1 ½ pounds cream cheese (room temperature)
6 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
4 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup port
¼ cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pint blueberries
How to Make It:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease an 8-inch cake pan with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Toast the pecans on a cookie sheet for 8 minutes (turn the pan once for an even toasting).
- In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, butter and pecans.
- Pat evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- In a small saucepan, simmer port and dried blueberries for 3 minutes, set aside to cool.
- On medium, beat cream cheese, butter, sugar and cornstarch, to blend.
- Add eggs, one at a time, then add sour cream, vanilla and blueberry port mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Set into hot water bath and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, until slightly puffed and firm.
- Cool on rack.
- Refrigerate, then remove from pan.
- In a saucepan, simmer ¾ cup port and sugar for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk cornstarch, vanilla and remaining ¼ cup port together.
- Add mixture to pan to simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Add half of blueberries and cook until blueberries burst and sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Stir in remaining berries and spread over top of cooled cheesecake.