Try this elegant and delicious entree for your next date night dinner! We recommend serving this rich filet mignon with steamed asparagus, baby red potatoes and pairing it with a glass of our 2012 Grand Reserve for the perfect meal.
What You’ll Need:
- 6 (5-6 oz.) filet mignon steaks, about 1-inch think each
- 1 1/2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup Elizabeth Mitchell Private Reserve
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tbs. sugar
- 2 tbs. butter
- 2 oz. soft, fresh goat cheese
How to Make It:
- Boil the balsamic vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat for 18 minutes, stirring until it’s reduced to roughly 1/3 cup.
- Preheat the broiler. While it heats, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the steaks to desired doneness (about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare) adding the red wine as you cook them.
- Transfer the steaks to a baking sheet. Crumble the goat cheese over the steaks and broil just until the cheese melts (about 1 minute). Sprinkle with pepper.
- Transfer the steaks to plates and drizzle the balsamic sauce around the steaks and serve.